Hello everyone! The time is just rushing past now as we get into Spring Break and the final week of our course together.
I've been reading and watching the draft projects as they have arrived over the past week, and sending out my responses as quickly as possible. On the morning of Monday March 18 I'll be heading out to Hornby Island for a research trip on a community intergenerational math art project (this year, on mathematical poetry), so the final projects that arrive on the due date of March 18 may not receive comments until after March 25, a heads-up.
This week there is NO requirement for you to do any blog writing or responding, as I know that everyone will be working on finishing up the final project. But for your enjoyment, optionally and if you have time, I am posting a film of Dr. Edward Doolittle giving a Zoom guest talk to one of my graduate classes in early 2020, before the pandemic. You'll remember Ed's fascinating article from an earlier week's readings.
The section of the video I thought you might be most interested in is the part where Ed talks about his Starblanket project with his preservice elementary teachers class at First Nations University in Regina (from 6:30 to 13:14). Feel free to watch more if you are interested!
I hope to see those of you who can make it at our final optional Zoom session for the course next Saturday, March 16 from 8:00-9:30 AM Vancouver (**Daylight Savings Time) at the usual Zoom URL (see previous post for the Zoom link).
By the March 18 deadline, please remember to post your final project to the class blog (i.e., create a new post on this blog, rather than your personal one and post your mp4 video link for your project, along with your name(s)). The most straighforward way I know to share your final project is to upload it to your personal Google Drive, set the 'sharing' to 'anyone with the link', and then make a post for the class blog containing the link to your project. Please also include an image (for example, that could be the title slide from your project slides) along with your link on the post.
On Saturday, we will watch a few of the presentations together, and the rest you can see on your own at home, since there is not time to watch them all in one Zoom session. If your final project is complete or close to complete, and you'd like to share it with the group in our Zoom session, that would be great! I know that not everyone will be ready to share their work on March 16, but I hope that some will.
We'll also talk about the course in general, and it would be very helpful to me to get your suggestions and feedback for strengthening the course the next time I teach it. It has been very difficult for me this semester not to have been able to get timely feedback to you on your weekly posts, though I have been reading and following them throughout; the conference travel to Australia right in the middle of the course was the deciding factor, and I apologize for this. I will be sending you individual cumulative feedback on your postings and discussions throughout the course -- and I want to reassure you that the work I have been reading from all the members of the class has ranged from very good to excellent.
Looking forward to seeing those who can be there this Saturday. Thanks for all your engagement and great work throughout our course together!
Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment